/ Join Think One
SEO Exec / Think Studio
We are looking for someone talented & energetic to join us at a time of significant growth within our agency.
We’re a challenger agency, with a mission to become the best in Kent (and then some); it’s a bold vision and one that needs talented people to help deliver success.
We’ve got stacks of lovely work coming in and need someone prepared to give it their all, both in effort and enthusiasm.
Working across a variety of clients, your primary focus will be originating and delivering the work required for the Search Optimisation aspect of our marketing offering.
- Great with Google Sheets or Excel for crunching keywords
- Adept with SEMRush
- An expert in using Screaming Frog
- A do-er that likes to be busy
- Organised and pro-active
- Particular about attention to detail
- A lover of process
- Self-motivated & independent
- Passionate about digital and applying it for profit
- A digital native at heart
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying opportunities for clients in the SEO space
- Researching keywords for new & existing clients, with holistic overviews of the search market for their industry
- Identifying target keywords based on competitiveness & traffic volumes
- Auditing client websites for Page speed, Backlinks, Technical SEO
- Management of Google Search Console for clients including disavowing of inappropriate links
- Tracking and reporting on appropriate keywords on a monthly basis
- Pro-actively keeping up-to-date with new and emerging trends, features & tools
- Identifying potential back-link opportunities and reaching out
- Completing on-site optimisation for clients across all areas important to search algorithms
- Liaising with Development Teams to ensure correct schemas and markups are in place to help clients win rich snippets
- Providing site structure recommendations
- Planning and executing site migrations ensuring traffic is not lost in the process
- Identifying schema opportunities and marking up content
Your ideal skills:
- 2+ years working on Search Engine Optimisation Projects
- An in-depth understanding of the SEMRush platform
- A problem-solving approach to digital marketing
- Buckets of initiative
- A level head when things get busy
- Understand the importance of working to deadlines, and happy to manage wider expectations to achieve this
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Great attention to detail across words, numbers and graphics
- Confident working independently and autonomously
- Have a client friendly way of presenting documents and providing SEO advice
- Confident presenting to clients face-to-face and over video calls
What’s in it for you:
- Learn about strategy and what makes brands meaningful
- Working with a driven team of experts, you’ll learn how to deliver best-in-class marketing comms
- Relaxed, friendly environment
- 28 days holiday (including bank hols)
- Impressive Perks package with budgets for training, wellness, food and fun:
- ADDITIONAL 1 day (or 2 x half days) ‘perk’ time off to take at short notice. Whether you need to have a duvet day, recuperate from a busy project launch, attend a doctor’s appointment in work hours, to be in for a sofa delivery, after a hot date or, well, just because. We only ask that you do this whilst being mindful of any client or internal commitments made prior, ensuring that your planned work and any pressing actions are covered. Giving 24 hours’ notice, where possible, please ask your Line Manager, and pop it in to whosoff under ‘perk’.
- DISCRETIONARY half day ‘perks’. When the need arises, we would also love to say thanks for making the extra effort in living our values and delivering outstanding. Quietly and personally, and at their discretion, Partners will say thanks for going above and beyond by adding a half day to your ‘perk’ account. Again, we ask that the above applies when you redeem this.
- TEAM dates. Each month, we would like to treat two of the team to have lunch together. It is a chance to get to know each other a little better. Picked at random, the first name out of a hat decides where to go and you’ll have a total of £30 to spend. (During lock-down, we’ve upped the ante and we’re offering 2 treats a week – someone will get a £35 voucher and someone will get £15).
- HAPPY birthday. How nice would it be to have a lie-in on your birthday? When your special day lands on Mon-Fri, we’re happy for you to come in a little later so you can have a leisurely start to the day. We’ll see you at 10am. Then when you’re in, we’ve got your cake covered. It will be good. We can’t promise the singing will be.
- BIG Mac. If you would like to use your personal Mac for your Think work (either by getting a new one or using an existing one), we will contribute £40 a month towards you doing this – and the hardware remains yours! (There are a few modest guidelines around usage – more info in our handbook).
- SNACK wall. When we can all be together again, we’ll keep you in snacks (sweet, savoury and of the fruity kind). Whilst we’re remote, we’ll sort occasional tasty letterbox drops too.
- FRIDAY early doors. We finish at 4.30pm on a Friday.
- RECRUITMENT incentive. If we’re on the lookout for a bright spark and you know someone, we’ll give you £150 of vouchers if they make the cut and pass their 6 month probation.*
- WELLBEING for all. We want to make sure that you take some time out to relax and get centred. That’s why we’re offering everyone £50 towards a wellness treatment each year.
- TRAINING & development. We want to support you in extra-curricular learning, particularly if it will have a positive impact on the Think business. As such, we will contribute £100 a year towards a paid course. Please submit a short proposal on email for approval, outlining why you are looking to take the course. The money will be reimbursed on receipt of your fee payment.
- THE ANNUAL ‘THE ONE’ award. At the end of every year, each team member gets to nominate someone that they feel has lived our Think One values in the most dazzling way. They might have delivered outstanding at every turn, continually knocked your socks off with their creative prowess, been the ultimate team player, or been the one that always gets stuck in first. Every nomination will be read and considered, and the winner will be announced at our Christmas party. They will receive £250 of vouchers of their choice, by way of thanks for their positive impact on the team and clients.
- PARTY on. We’ll have some sort of fun get-together twice a year; once in the summer and once at Christmas. They won’t be awkward or overly fancy, they’ll just be a nice opportunity to get everyone together over a few drinks and some nice food.
- THE BIGGIE commission incentive. You’ll get a 5% reward for bringing any self-generated new client business opportunities our way. Whether from personal contacts, networking you do or even friends & family, we would like to say thanks. You’ll get 5% of any billed value in the first 12 months, payable monthly on receipt of a paid invoice from the client.
- All perks are subject to discretion & review and some are subject to passing your 6 month probation. We will give 30 days’ notice of any changes.
- *The candidate can’t have already been put forward by our designated recruitment consultant. And the incentive will only be paid out after the 6 months (but it’ll be worth the wait).